History of James J. Calmes and Sons, Inc.

The first James J. Calmes and Sons shop built in 1970.

1959

James J. Calmes begins his construction career as a mason. Frustrated because he wants to work more hours, James decides to form his own company.

1961

James borrows $1500 from his uncle and forms James J. Calmes and Sons in Kaukauna, Wisconsin, specializing in residential construction. Commercial construction services would eventually be added.

1996

James turns over the reigns to his two sons, Randy and Todd Calmes. Randy oversees estimating and project management while Todd manages field-work.

1999 

TRC MidValley Utilities, a division of James J. Calmes and Sons specializing in excavation and installation of site utilities, managed by Todd Calmes is added.

2000

James J. Calmes retires and sells the business to Randy and Todd who take over as President and Vice President, respectively.

2006

Calmes Customs is added as the third division of James J. Calmes and Sons. Calmes Customs builds custom cabinets, bars, home theater seating and other specialty casework.